This large project for a longstanding client required our complete boiler installation services from the design phase through to the commissioning of two new boilers. Work included the removal of the existing boilers and pipework and the installation of two new Byworth YSX6000 boilers and ancillary equipment.
Byworth YSX6000 BoilersAfter carrying out the maintenance on the existing boilerplant for over 15 years, when it came to upgrading to the latest in steam boiler technology McEwen’s were ideally placed to offer sound advice from the outset of the project through to its completion.
We began by bringing in Byworth Boilers, who we have worked closely with over many years. The Byworth Yorkshireman 6000kgs/hr with integral economiser is a very efficient steam boiler and we recommended that it would be ideally suited to requirements. With the clients agreement we moved forward to the design and planning phase of the project.
Due the factory being a 24/7 operation we brought in a steam boiler hire unit, which we ran new pipework too. This was done so in the future a temporary boiler can be connected up with ease, reducing the factories risk of costly downtime, once the temporary boiler was commissioned we undertook a programme of works which included:
- Removing existing Cochran steam boilers and original pipework.
- Delivering new Byworth YSX6000’s to the location and siting within an 8 hours shift.
- Commence pipework installation to include new steam, condensate, water, gas, oil, safety valve exhausts, blowdown lines etc.
- Fabricate new lobster back chimney sections.
- Fabricate new access gantries to tie into boiler platforms.
- Commission new boilers and bring on-line.
- Remove temporary hire boiler.