There is a statutory requirement that industrial steam boilers and high-pressure hot-water boilers over 110°C undergo an annual insurance inspection.
McEwen Boilermakers carry out the risk assessment, preparation and testing of all types and age of industrial boilers to ensure compliance with Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) 2000. Liaising directly with insurance inspectors, we carry out the following routine work:
- Initial Risk Assessment
- Remove steam valves and mountings from the boiler
- Either return steam valves to our works for overhaul and re-certification or carry out
- mobile valve servicing on-site.
- Remove front and rear smokebox doors
- Remove all manlids and mudlids
- Clean fireside and waterside surfaces, removal of scale and deposits
- Supply new gaskets and ceramic joints
- Liaise with the Insurance inspector
- Re-fit valves
- Boiler rebuild
- Steam Test
Annual inspection and preparation procedures also allow the early detecting potential problems that may occur in the industrial boiler further down the line. Early detection of problems can significantly reduce operational downtime and save on the costs of emergency call-out work.
We also provide Non-destructive testing (NDT) preparation, which is a statutory requirement every 5 years Find out more here.