Client: Textile Company
Job: Full Re-Tube of Wellman-Robey 12,000lbs/Hr Steam Boiler
Scope of Work
Due to poor water treatment over a number of years, the condition of the boiler tubes had deteriorated to such an extent that tubes had to be repaired on numerous occasions. The decision was made during a two week shut down in the summer that a full retube of the boiler would take place.
McEwen Boilermakers attended site on the pre-arranged date and carried out the following:
- J-Prepped Combustion Chamber to remove seal welds
- Cut out old tubes, leaving stay tubes in place.
- Prepared tube holes for new tubes
- Slid new tubes into place and power expanded
- Seal Welded tube ends in combustion chamber
- Carried out hydraulic test for insurance inspector
- Boxed boiler back up and brought up to working pressure
- Handed boiler back to engineering staff.
The full re-tube took less than two weeks and the works engineer was delighted with the work.